Thursday 12 January 2012

My Film Accepted For Exhibition

 I am very excited over the fact that my  film, The Chantry, has been accepted for exhibition at the International Festival of disability film for the 2012 Festival.

 It is only a short film, 12 minutes duration, and I suppose it is a celebration of the quality of care I received at a care home in Ipswich back in 2004.

The film is available to be viewed on my YouTube Channel, which has the same name as my blogger name, and there are several other films that can be viewed there.

The film combines film shot with a DV camera in the grounds of a house that goes back to the 16th century, with poetry written during my stay. I'm glad that it will be more widely seen, I have never entered any kind of public event like this, none of my arty films have been seen in public, although for example I was commissioned by my County Council to create a short film which is used for the training of social workers across the County. It has been used for training social workers as far afield as London, in Camden Town, and I know that the staff at West Sussex where I live are really pleased and proud of it. As indeed am I.


No comments:

Post a Comment